Step 3 - Share Your Story
Share your story with other students and teachers around
and the world by submitting it to us. We will post it in the Gallery on the Digital We blog. And you will be entered into the random draw! Manitoba
Please note: The deadline for submissions is April 30, 2012 at 4:00 pm and the draw will be held on May 14, 2012.
- Before submitting please be review the Submission Guidelines listed below to confirm that your work meets the submission criteria so that it can be posted in the online Gallery as soon as possible.
The guidelines below list the criteria for entry of your story to the Digital We community. Please follow the guidelines below to make sure your submission will meet the criteria. If you have missed some of the criteria, we will contact you and give you an opportunity to change your work so it does meet the guidelines.
- Use first names only, when:
- you list the names of students who created the work
- you create a video and have other students "acting" in your video
- Make sure that you credit any source of information or data that you have used to create your presentation or video.
- Where did you get the images/music for your work?
- If you used someone else's work did you seek their permission and have that permission in writing?
- The best way to avoid copyright issues is to create your own images/music or use Creative Commons (http://creativecommons.ca) to find images/video and sites like Jamendo (http://www.jamendo.com) to find Creative Commons licensed music.
- If you do use Creative Commons, please make sure you follow the conditions that are attached to the image or music.
Thank you to everyone who submitted their story!
The random draw, for 1 of 6 iPod Touches with an iTunes gift card, was held on May 14th, 2012. The draw winners are posted below:
- Macneill School, Dauphin, Manitoba - Grade 2/3 class, Ms. Lebrun
- Golden Gate Middle School, Winnipeg, MB - Grade 7 class, Ms. Bees
- Linden Meadows School, Winnipeg, MB - Grade 5 class, Mr. Alcock
- East Selkirk Middle School, Selkirk, MB - The Humanitarian Club, Ms. Drzystek
- École Christine-Lespérance, Winnipeg, MB - Grade 5 class, M. Bazin
- École New Era School, Brandon, MB - Grade 1/2 class, Mesdames Dinsdale and Copeland